CompTIA IT Fundamentals FC0-U51
The IT Fundamentals certification is ideal for you if you’re considering a career in IT or if you work in an allied field that requires a broad understanding of IT, like in a sales role at an IT company. CompTIA IT Fundamentals can be a stepping stone to more advanced certifications such as CompTIA A+, and, with specialized experience, CompTIA Network+ and CompTIA Security+.read more
Module 1: Software
1.1 Course And Instructor Introduction
1.2 Software Operating Systems - Part 1
1.3 Software Operating Systems - Part 2
1.4 Software Operating Systems - Part 3
1.5 Software Operating Systems - Part 4
1.6 Software Operating Systems - Part 5
1.7 Common FileTypes - Part 1
1.8 Common FileTypes - Part 2
1.9 Software Management Best Practices - Part 1
1.10 Software Management Best Practices - Part 2
1.11 Alternative Software Technologies
1.12 Basic Software Features And Functions
Module 2: Hardware
2.1 Basic Wired And Wireless Peripherals - Part 1
2.2 Basic Wired And Wireless Peripherals - Part 2
2.3 Basic Wired And Wireless Peripherals - Part 3
2.4 Common Computer Connector Types - Part 1
2.5 Common Computer Connector Types - Part 2
2.6 Internal Computer Components - Part 1
2.7 Internal Computer Components - Part 2
Module 3: Security
3.1 Basic Security Threats - Part 1
3.2 Basic Security Threats - Part 2
3.3 Basic Security Threats - Part 3
3.4 Security Best Practices - Part 1
3.5 Security Best Practices - Part 2
3.6 Web-Browsing Best Practices
3.7 Web-Browsing Best Practices Demo - Part 1
3.8 Web-Browsing Best Practices Demo - Part 2
3.9 Web-Browsing Best Practices Demo - Part 3
Module 4: Networking
4.1 Setup And Configure Basic SOHO Router
4.2 Wireless Router Demo
4.3 Compare And Contrast Cellular Wireless And Wire Data Connections
4.5 Compare And Contrast Different Methods OfSharingAndStorage - Part 1
4.6 Compare And Contrast Different Methods OfSharingAndStorage - Part 2
4.7 Compare And Contrast Different Methods OfSharingAndStorage - Part 3
Module 5: Basic IT Literacy
5.1 Setting Up A Basic Workstation - Part 1
5.2 Setting Up A Basic Workstation - Part 2
5.3 Setting Up A Basic Workstation Demo - Part 1
5.4 Setting Up A Basic Workstation Demo - Part 2
5.5 Setting Up A Basic Workstation Demo - Part 3
5.6 Basic Methods Of Navigating An Operating System - Part 1
5.7 Basic Methods Of Navigating An Operating System - Part 2
5.8 Basic Methods Of Navigating An Operating System Demo - Part 1
5.9 Basic Methods Of Navigating An Operating System Demo - Part 2
5.10 Basic Support Concepts
5.11 Basic Backup Concepts
5.12 Environmental And Safety Concepts - Part 1
5.13 Environmental And Safety Concepts - Part 2
Module 6: Course Review
6.1 Software Domain Review
6.2 Hardware Domain Review
6.3 Security Domain Review
6.4 Networking Domain Review
6.5 Basic IT Literacy Review
6.6 Course Review Question
6.7 Test Taking Tips
6.8 Course Outro
What learning resources are included?
Expert-led Video Courses
Our courses are video-based, expert instructor-led E-Learning, set in an advanced self-study format with enhanced user controls which offer a much better learning experience compared to traditional classroom training.
Unlike classroom-based training, you can play, pause, forward, rewind and repeat courses and learn at your own pace – anytime, anywhere.
Also included in the videos are demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills, based on real-world scenarios.
Our courses combine proven learning methodologies with the latest technology, ensuring that you have the tools you need to succeed and that you get the most value from your IT training investment.
Each course includes quizzes that measure your skills growth as you progress through your course as well as assess your readiness before you take the official certification exam. This allows you to gain confidence in preparation for the exam and helps ensure that you pass the exam the first time around.
Flash Cards & Educational Games
Students learn in different ways using different learning tools. That is why, in addition to the course videos and quizzes, we provide Flash Cards and Education Games for our courses. This will allow you to train in ways that keep you engaged and focused. Each course has dozens of Flash Cards so you can sharpen your skill-sets throughout your training as well as educational games designed to ensure optimized retention levels of the material.
Navigation & Controls
Our self-paced training programs are designed in a modular fashion that allows you the flexibility to work with expert level instruction anytime, anywhere. All courses are arranged in defined sections with navigation controls allowing you to control the pace of your training.
Each course contains a discussion-board section where students can engage with one another. Ask questions, get advice and join in-group conversations as it relates to the particular course.
For how long will I be able to access the course?
The standard subscription period is one year. This can sometimes be longer, depending on if you have purchased courses on a promotion that specifically provides a longer access period.
If the access period is longer than one year, it will be indicated in the promotion.
Who presents the courses?
We only use the industry’s finest instructors. They have a minimum of 15 years’ experience, are subject matter experts in their fields and hold all the qualifications that are relevant to the particular certification.
Our instructors not only prepare you for your exams but also provides practical examples and scenarios based on real-world experience.
What Are The Requirements?
All our courses require an acumen for information technology, basic knowledge of computers, and experience in working with Microsoft Windows and internet browsers. All courses are presented in English and a good knowledge and understanding of English is essential.
In addition, each individual certification program has its own academic requirements. The prerequisite knowledge and experience required for each certification is available on the website of the respective certification vendor (CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco etc.). It is of paramount importance that you ensure that you meet all the requirements (as set-out on the certification vendor’s website) before you enroll in a course.
- A laptop or desktop computer with Microsoft Windows
- An internet browser (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox) that is up to date
- High-speed/broadband internet access
- Speakers or earphones
Can I view a course before I buy?
Yes. If you would like to view a demo of the course, please contact us and we will arrange an access to a demo for you.
What if I am not happy with the course I have purchased?
If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, we will give you your money back – no hassle and no questions asked. Our refund policy is valid for 10 days from the date of your purchase and applies to all course purchases. To request a refund, simply contact us and we will process your refund within 24 hours.
What else do I need to know?
- This is an online course - classroom training is not included.
- You will only receive a qualification – from the relevant vendor - once you have passed the official international certification exam(s).
- For detailed information on specific exam requirements, prerequisites, costs and other information, please visit the respective certification vendor’s website (CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco etc.).
- International certification centres – Prometric, VUE, CertiPort and others - depending on the particular vendor and certification, administer the official exams.
- The cost of exams are not included in the course fees.
- This course does not include Live Labs. Live Labs are available as stand-alone programs and in our CertKit’s where courses and labs are combined as bundles.
Why get certified?
Get a Job
Certification holds significant benefits for organizations – increasing your chances to gain employment and securing a career towards success.
- Teams are trained to consistent skills levels.
- Certification provides a recognised benchmark of skills that can be aligned to organisational skills frameworks.
- Certificated people are typically more productive and work to consistent standards. A recent survey by Novell found that certification can reduce downtime, because staff members have the skills needed to cope with issues as they arise - and that certified people made more use of a product's advanced features and could deploy new products with greater ease.
- More reliable project completion: a Microsoft survey showed that when 60% of a team is Microsoft-certified, 80% of projects are delivered on time and within budget, compared to just 40% when only 25% of the team is certified.
- Gaining certifications can be aligned to performance-related pay.
- Certification ensures that knowledge has been retained.
- Greater customer satisfaction (internal and external customers).
- Lower staff turnover.
A professional certification sets a person apart as someone who is exceptional, who really knows his/her job. Gaining a professional certification is not easy - but then again, it is not meant to be. Sixty four per cent of IT recruiters rate certifications as having extremely high or high value in validating the skills and expertise of job candidates. (CompTIA, Employer Perceptions of IT Training and Certification, January 2011). Some of the benefits to individuals include:
- Certified people are more employable: according to an IDC white paper, "Sixty-three percent of hiring managers believe certified individuals are more productive than their non-certified counterparts."
- You could earn more: a survey of MCPs by IDC found that 43% got a pay rise after gaining their certification.
- Some certifications make you part of a professional network, for example, Microsoft Certified Professionals belong to a community that only they can access.
Professional certifications (whether IT or not) have been with us more than two decades - and, during that time, there has been considerable research undertaken to assess the benefits of certification.
Key findings from 'Measuring the pulse of the IT industry' - research undertaken by CompTIA:
- 56% of managers consider CompTIA certification to be an important factor when hiring people and 34% go as far as to require it.
- 53% of managers would offer a higher salary to a job candidate with CompTIA certification.
- 74% of managers say that CompTIA certification is an important factor in considering a person for promotion.
- 78% of managers believe that CompTIA certification is an important step in validating an employee's skills.
- 53% of managers feel that having CompTIA-certified employees makes the organisation more attractive to business partners and clients.
- A help desk with certified professionals can handle 11% more phone calls and 28% more field service calls, with a lower staff turnover rate (16% versus 24%).
- Fewer certified staff are required to manage a network, resulting in lower salary costs.
Key findings from 'Financial Benefits to Supporters of Microsoft Professional Certification', a report by market research company IDC:
- Companies with Microsoft Certified Professionals experienced shorter server downtimes and greater productivity in the help-desk function, which more than paid for the direct and indirect costs associated with certification.
- The cost of certification in an average organisation is recouped in about four months. Its supporting survey showed that Microsoft Certified Professionals are more productive than non-certified support staff.
Key findings from an IDC study, 'Benefits and Productivity Gains Realised through IT Certification':
- Certified professionals handled 40% more support calls per person, per day, than non-certified staff.
- Companies that advocated for certification reported 49% less downtime than companies that did not.
- For the majority of companies, the savings from increased effectiveness paid the costs of certification in fewer than 9 months.
Course appears to be a little outdated (prior to W10 - <2015) Constant error "Some of the persistent data was not able to be stored" during test was annoying.
by Dean Navarro
This guy rambles on forever about every single topic. Get to the point man. Teach to the test.