Microsoft 70-409: Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V and System Center
This course in particular provides the training that can help you prepare for the Microsoft Specialist Exam 70-409: Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V and System Center. The Microsoft certification path, exam, and course can will prove your ability to deploy and manage a Microsoft Server Virtualization infrastructure in an enterprise environment. You also find out how to configure, manage, and maintain Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V and System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager, including networking and storage services. Plus, you learn how to configure key Microsoft Server virtualization features, such as Generation 2 Virtual Machines, Replication Extension, Online Export, Cross-Version Live Migration, Online VHDX Resizing, and Live Migration Performance tuning, in addition to Dynamic Virtual Switch Load Balancing and virtual Receive Side Scaling (vRSS).
Who is the target audience?
- Everyone, Science & Technology Professionals
Module 1: Understanding Microsoft Applications
1.1 Introduction To Exam 74-409
1.2 Introduction To Microsoft Virtualization Part 1
1.3 Introduction To Microsoft Virtualization Part 2
1.4 Introduction To System Center 2012 R2 Components
1.5 Evaluate The Existing Environment For Virtualization
1.6 Module 1 Review Questions
Module 2: Installing And Configuring The Hyper-V Role
2.1 Install The Hyper-V Role
2.2 Manage Hyper-V
2.3 Configure Hyper-V Settings
2.4 Introduction To Hyper-V Host Storage And Networking
2.5 Module 2 Review Questions
2.6 Installing Hyper-V Demo
Module 3: Creating And Managing Virtual Hard Disks, Virtual Machines, And Virtual Machine Checkpoints
3.1 Create And Configure Virtual Hard Disks
3.2 Create And Configure Virtual Machines
3.3 Install And Import Virtual Machines
3.4 Manage Virtual Machine Checkpoints
3.5 Monitor Hyper-V
3.6 Design Virtual Machines For Server Roles/Services
3.7 Module 3 Review Questions
3.8 Creating A Virtual Machine Demo
Module 4: Producing And Configuring Virtual Machine Networks
4.1 Generate And Utilize Hyper-V Virtual Switches Part 1
4.2 Generate And Utilize Hyper-V Virtual Switches Part 2
4.3 Introduction To Advanced Hyper-V Networking Features
4.4 Configure And Utilize Hyper-V Network Visualization
4.5 Module 4Review Questions
4.6 Controlling The VM Demo
Module 5: Virtual Machine Movement And Hyper-V Replicas
5.1 Deliver High Availability And Redundancy For Virtualization
5.2 Implement Virtual Machine Movement
5.3 Implement And Manage Hyper-V Replica
5.4 Module 5 Review Questions
Module 6: Implementing Failover Clustering Using Hyper-V
6.1 Introduction To Failover Clustering Part 1
6.2 Introduction To Failover Clustering Part 2
6.3 Configure And Utilize Shared Storage
6.4 Implement And Manage Failover Clustering Using Hyper-V
6.5 Module 6 Review Questions
6.6 Exploring Clustering Demo
Module 7: Installing And Configuring Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager
7.1 Integrated System Center And Server Virtualization
7.2 Virtual Machine Manager
7.3 Install VMM And Add Hosts And Manage Host Groups
7.4 Module 7 Review Questions
7.5 Exploring SCVMM
Module 8: Managing The Network And Storage Infrastructure In Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager
8.1 Managing Networking Infrastructure
8.2 Managing Storage Infrastructure And Infrastructure Updates
8.3 Module 8 Review Questions
Module 9: Creating And Managing Virtual Machines Using Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager
9.1 Introduction To Virtual Machine Management Tasks In VMM
9.2 Create Clone And Convert Virtual Machines
9.3 Introduction To Virtual Machine Updating
9.4 Module 9 Review Questions
Module 10: Configuring And Managing The Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager Library
10.1 Introduction To The Virtual Machine Manager Library
10.2 Working With Profiles And Templates
10.3 Module 10 Review Questions
Module 11: Managing Clouds In Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager
11.1 Introduction To Clouds
11.2 Produce And Manage A Cloud And User Role Utilization In VMM
Module 12: Managing Services In Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager And Application Controller
12.1 Managing Service In MSC 2012 R2 VMM And Application Controller
12.2 Module 12 Review Questions
Module 13: Protecting And Monitoring Virtualization Infrastructure
13.1 Introduction To Backup And Restore Options For Virutal Machines
13.2 Protecting Virtualization Infrastructure By Using DPM Part 1
13.3 Protecting Virtualization Infrastructure By Using DPM Part 2
13.4 Utilize Operations Manager For Monitoring And Reporting
13.5 Integrate VMM With Operations Manager
13.6 Module 13 Review Questions
13.7 Exploring DPM Demo
Module 14: HyperV And SCVMM Review
14.1 Hyper-V And SCVMM Review Part 1
14.2 Hyper-V And SCVMM Review Part 2
14.3 Hyper-V And SCVMM Review Part 3
14.4 Hyper-V And SCVMM Review Part 4
14.5 Exam 74-409 Outro
What learning resources are included?
Expert-led Video Courses
Our courses are video-based, expert instructor-led E-Learning, set in an advanced self-study format with enhanced user controls which offer a much better learning experience compared to traditional classroom training.
Unlike classroom-based training, you can play, pause, forward, rewind and repeat courses and learn at your own pace – anytime, anywhere.
Also included in the videos are demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills, based on real-world scenarios.
Our courses combine proven learning methodologies with the latest technology, ensuring that you have the tools you need to succeed and that you get the most value from your IT training investment.
Each course includes quizzes that measure your skills growth as you progress through your course as well as assess your readiness before you take the official certification exam. This allows you to gain confidence in preparation for the exam and helps ensure that you pass the exam the first time around.
Flash Cards & Educational Games
Students learn in different ways using different learning tools. That is why, in addition to the course videos and quizzes, we provide Flash Cards and Education Games for our courses. This will allow you to train in ways that keep you engaged and focused. Each course has dozens of Flash Cards so you can sharpen your skill-sets throughout your training as well as educational games designed to ensure optimized retention levels of the material.
Navigation & Controls
Our self-paced training programs are designed in a modular fashion that allows you the flexibility to work with expert level instruction anytime, anywhere. All courses are arranged in defined sections with navigation controls allowing you to control the pace of your training.
Each course contains a discussion-board section where students can engage with one another. Ask questions, get advice and join in-group conversations as it relates to the particular course.
For how long will I be able to access the course?
The standard subscription period is one year. This can sometimes be longer, depending on if you have purchased courses on a promotion that specifically provides a longer access period.
If the access period is longer than one year, it will be indicated in the promotion.
Who presents the courses?
We only use the industry’s finest instructors. They have a minimum of 15 years’ experience, are subject matter experts in their fields and hold all the qualifications that are relevant to the particular certification.
Our instructors not only prepare you for your exams but also provides practical examples and scenarios based on real-world experience.
What Are The Requirements?
All our courses require an acumen for information technology, basic knowledge of computers, and experience in working with Microsoft Windows and internet browsers. All courses are presented in English and a good knowledge and understanding of English is essential.
In addition, each individual certification program has its own academic requirements. The prerequisite knowledge and experience required for each certification is available on the website of the respective certification vendor (CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco etc.). It is of paramount importance that you ensure that you meet all the requirements (as set-out on the certification vendor’s website) before you enroll in a course.
- A laptop or desktop computer with Microsoft Windows
- An internet browser (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox) that is up to date
- High-speed/broadband internet access
- Speakers or earphones
Can I view a course before I buy?
Yes. If you would like to view a demo of the course, please contact us and we will arrange an access to a demo for you.
What if I am not happy with the course I have purchased?
If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, we will give you your money back – no hassle and no questions asked. Our refund policy is valid for 10 days from the date of your purchase and applies to all course purchases. To request a refund, simply contact us and we will process your refund within 24 hours.
What else do I need to know?
- This is an online course - classroom training is not included.
- You will only receive a qualification – from the relevant vendor - once you have passed the official international certification exam(s).
- For detailed information on specific exam requirements, prerequisites, costs and other information, please visit the respective certification vendor’s website (CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco etc.).
- International certification centres – Prometric, VUE, CertiPort and others - depending on the particular vendor and certification, administer the official exams.
- The cost of exams are not included in the course fees.
- This course does not include Live Labs. Live Labs are available as stand-alone programs and in our CertKit’s where courses and labs are combined as bundles.
Why get certified?
Get a Job
Certification holds significant benefits for organizations – increasing your chances to gain employment and securing a career towards success.
- Teams are trained to consistent skills levels.
- Certification provides a recognised benchmark of skills that can be aligned to organisational skills frameworks.
- Certificated people are typically more productive and work to consistent standards. A recent survey by Novell found that certification can reduce downtime, because staff members have the skills needed to cope with issues as they arise - and that certified people made more use of a product's advanced features and could deploy new products with greater ease.
- More reliable project completion: a Microsoft survey showed that when 60% of a team is Microsoft-certified, 80% of projects are delivered on time and within budget, compared to just 40% when only 25% of the team is certified.
- Gaining certifications can be aligned to performance-related pay.
- Certification ensures that knowledge has been retained.
- Greater customer satisfaction (internal and external customers).
- Lower staff turnover.
A professional certification sets a person apart as someone who is exceptional, who really knows his/her job. Gaining a professional certification is not easy - but then again, it is not meant to be. Sixty four per cent of IT recruiters rate certifications as having extremely high or high value in validating the skills and expertise of job candidates. (CompTIA, Employer Perceptions of IT Training and Certification, January 2011). Some of the benefits to individuals include:
- Certified people are more employable: according to an IDC white paper, "Sixty-three percent of hiring managers believe certified individuals are more productive than their non-certified counterparts."
- You could earn more: a survey of MCPs by IDC found that 43% got a pay rise after gaining their certification.
- Some certifications make you part of a professional network, for example, Microsoft Certified Professionals belong to a community that only they can access.
Professional certifications (whether IT or not) have been with us more than two decades - and, during that time, there has been considerable research undertaken to assess the benefits of certification.
Key findings from 'Measuring the pulse of the IT industry' - research undertaken by CompTIA:
- 56% of managers consider CompTIA certification to be an important factor when hiring people and 34% go as far as to require it.
- 53% of managers would offer a higher salary to a job candidate with CompTIA certification.
- 74% of managers say that CompTIA certification is an important factor in considering a person for promotion.
- 78% of managers believe that CompTIA certification is an important step in validating an employee's skills.
- 53% of managers feel that having CompTIA-certified employees makes the organisation more attractive to business partners and clients.
- A help desk with certified professionals can handle 11% more phone calls and 28% more field service calls, with a lower staff turnover rate (16% versus 24%).
- Fewer certified staff are required to manage a network, resulting in lower salary costs.
Key findings from 'Financial Benefits to Supporters of Microsoft Professional Certification', a report by market research company IDC:
- Companies with Microsoft Certified Professionals experienced shorter server downtimes and greater productivity in the help-desk function, which more than paid for the direct and indirect costs associated with certification.
- The cost of certification in an average organisation is recouped in about four months. Its supporting survey showed that Microsoft Certified Professionals are more productive than non-certified support staff.
Key findings from an IDC study, 'Benefits and Productivity Gains Realised through IT Certification':
- Certified professionals handled 40% more support calls per person, per day, than non-certified staff.
- Companies that advocated for certification reported 49% less downtime than companies that did not.
- For the majority of companies, the savings from increased effectiveness paid the costs of certification in fewer than 9 months.
Wed, 04/11/2018 - 07:55#4Problems Module 11>I'd like to say I enjoy this course - but the site doesn't allow me to get past module 10 - keeps redirecting me to FAQ - no on replying to my emails
Wed, 04/11/2018 - 07:55#5Problems Module 11>I'd like to say I enjoy this course - but the site doesn't allow me to get past module 10 - keeps redirecting me to FAQ - no on replying to my emails