Sage 50 Certificate Course
This Sage 50 certificate training course will help you to learn how to accurately manage your supplier’s details, process invoices and sales, produce financial reports and manage the business VAT records. This course is beneficial to anyone that wants to start-up their own business and take control of their own business finances. In addition, this course will enhance your employee ability skills and make your CV more attractive to prospective employers. The Sage 50 course is suitable for beginners as well as those with previous experience in accounts who are looking to refresh their skills. Sage 50 has earned their reputation in the accounting field with superior inventory management features and a robust software program to manage almost any companies accounting infrastructure. Sage...read more
Module 1: Sage 50 2013
1.1 Course Overview
1.2 New Features
1.3 Quick Tab Menu Overview
1.4 Business Status
1.5 Customer and Sales
1.6 Vendors and Purchases
1.7 Inventory and Services
1.8 Employees and Payroll
1.11 Quick Tab Menu Review
1.12 Sage 50 Menu Overview
Module 2: Sage 50 Basics
2.1 Sage 50 Available Products
2.2 Accounts Payable Features
2.3 Vendors and Purchases
2.4 Accounts Payable Review
2.5 Accounts Receivable Overview
2.6 Customer and Sales Menu
2.9 Sales Taxes
2.10 Quotes and Proposals
2.11 Sales Orders
2.13 Finance Charges
2.14 Receive Money
2.15 Bank Accounts
2.16 Printing Statements
2.17 Credits and Returns
2.18 Accounts Receivable Reports
Module 3: Inventory
3.1 Inventory and Services Overview
3.2 Inventory Items
3.3 Company Services
3.4 Assemblies and Prices
3.5 Purchase Orders
3.6 Receiving Inventory, Shipping and Tracking
3.7 Inventory Count and Adjustments
3.8 Inventory Reports
Module 4: Employee
4.1 Employees and Payroll Overview
4.2 Employees and Users
4.4 Payroll Setup
4.5 Time and Expense Tickets
4.6 Direct Deposit and Printing Payroll Checks
4.7 Forms and Void Checks
Module 5: Banking
5.1 Banking Features Overview
5.2 Write Checks
5.3 Account Register
5.4 Analysis Tools
5.5 Chart of Accounts
5.6 Receive Money and Bank Deposits
5.7 Enter Bills, Pay Bills and Electronic Bill Pay
5.8 Reconcile Accounts
5.9 General Journal Entries
5.10 Void Checks and Reports
Module 6: Maintenance
6.1 Automatic Backup
6.2 Back Up data
6.3 Back Up data
6.4 Automatic Backup
6.5 Restore Data
6.6 Data Maintenance
6.7 System Checks
6.8 Company Maintenance
6.9 Data Integrity
Module 7: File Handling
7.1 Attaching Documents
7.2 Attaching and Managing Documents
Module 8: Manager
8.1 Analysis Managers
8.2 Cash Flow Manager
8.3 Collection Manager
8.4 Payment Manager
8.5 Financial Manager
Module 9: Jobs
9.1 Maintaining Jobs
9.2 Creating Jobs
9.3 Managing Jobs
Module 10: Budgets
10.1 Maintain Budgets
10.2 Creating and Managing Budgets
Module 11: Charts of Accounts
11.1 Maintain Chart of Accounts
11.2 Creating Accounts
11.3 Accounts List
Module 12: Accounts Management
12.1 Maintain Customers and Prospects
12.2 Adding Customers and Prospects
12.3 Account Aging
12.4 Finance Charges
12.5 Payment Methods
12.6 Managing a Customer Account
Module 13: Customer Setup
13.1 Customer Setup Guide
13.2 Customer Setup
13.3 Customer Beginning Balance
13.4 Customer Account Defaults
13.5 Sales Tax
13.6 Statement and Invoice Defaults
Module 14: Jobs Setup
14.1 Jobs Setup Guide
14.2 Jobs Setup
14.3 Jobs Change Order
14.4 Jobs Ledger
14.5 Job Profitability Report
14.6 Jobs Beginning Balances
14.7 Jobs Defaults
Module 15: Vendor Setup
15.1 Vendors Setup Guide
15.2 Vendor Setup
15.3 Vendor Beginning Balances
15.4 Vendor Defaults
Module 16: Inventory Setup
16.1 Inventory and Service Items Setup
16.2 Adding and Managing Inventory and Service Items
16.3 Quantities on Hand
16.4 Inventory and Service Items Default Setup
Module 17: Employee Setup
17.1 Employees Setup Guide
17.2 Employee Payroll Settings
17.3 Payroll Options Settings
17.4 Company Information Settings
17.5 Benefits Settings
17.6 Payroll Taxes and Place Order Settings
17.7 Employee Setup
17.8 Salary History Setup
17.9 Employees Default Setup
Module 18: Security Setup
18.1 Security Setup Guide
18.2 Setup Up Security
18.3 Set Up Users
18.4 User Security Setup
18.5 User List Rights and Permissions
18.6 Setup Guide Next Steps
Module 19: ACTI Link
19.1 Sage 50 ACT
19.2 Sage ACT Link
19.3 ACT Accounting Link Setup
19.4 Creating and Editing Contact Links
19.5 Contact Link Updates Options
Module 20: Task Overview
20.1 Tasks Menu
20.2 Quotes, Sales Orders and Proposals
20.3 Sales Invoicing and Time Expenses
20.6 Finance Charges
20.7 Select For Deposit
20.8 Credit Memos
20.9 Select For Purchase Orders
20.10 Bills and Payments
20.11 Bills and Payments
20.12 Account Register
20.13 Time and Expense
20.14 Select for Payroll Entry
20.15 General Journal Entry
20.17 Account Reconciliation and Void Checks
20.18 Write Letters and Action Items
20.19 System Tasks
Module 21: Forms, Reports, and Recap
21.1 Reports and Forms
21.2 Form Types and Sample Forms
21.5 Program Review
What learning resources are included?
Expert-led Video Courses
Our courses are video-based, expert instructor-led E-Learning, set in an advanced self-study format with enhanced user controls which offer a much better learning experience compared to traditional classroom training.
Unlike classroom-based training, you can play, pause, forward, rewind and repeat courses and learn at your own pace – anytime, anywhere.
Also included in the videos are demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills, based on real-world scenarios.
Our courses combine proven learning methodologies with the latest technology, ensuring that you have the tools you need to succeed and that you get the most value from your IT training investment.
Each course includes quizzes that measure your skills growth as you progress through your course as well as assess your readiness before you take the official certification exam. This allows you to gain confidence in preparation for the exam and helps ensure that you pass the exam the first time around.
Flash Cards & Educational Games
Students learn in different ways using different learning tools. That is why, in addition to the course videos and quizzes, we provide Flash Cards and Education Games for our courses. This will allow you to train in ways that keep you engaged and focused. Each course has dozens of Flash Cards so you can sharpen your skill-sets throughout your training as well as educational games designed to ensure optimized retention levels of the material.
Navigation & Controls
Our self-paced training programs are designed in a modular fashion that allows you the flexibility to work with expert level instruction anytime, anywhere. All courses are arranged in defined sections with navigation controls allowing you to control the pace of your training.
Each course contains a discussion-board section where students can engage with one another. Ask questions, get advice and join in-group conversations as it relates to the particular course.
For how long will I be able to access the course?
The standard subscription period is one year. This can sometimes be longer, depending on if you have purchased courses on a promotion that specifically provides a longer access period.
If the access period is longer than one year, it will be indicated in the promotion.
Who presents the courses?
We only use the industry’s finest instructors. They have a minimum of 15 years’ experience, are subject matter experts in their fields and hold all the qualifications that are relevant to the particular certification.
Our instructors not only prepare you for your exams but also provides practical examples and scenarios based on real-world experience.
What Are The Requirements?
All our courses require an acumen for information technology, basic knowledge of computers, and experience in working with Microsoft Windows and internet browsers. All courses are presented in English and a good knowledge and understanding of English is essential.
In addition, each individual certification program has its own academic requirements. The prerequisite knowledge and experience required for each certification is available on the website of the respective certification vendor (CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco etc.). It is of paramount importance that you ensure that you meet all the requirements (as set-out on the certification vendor’s website) before you enroll in a course.
- A laptop or desktop computer with Microsoft Windows
- An internet browser (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox) that is up to date
- High-speed/broadband internet access
- Speakers or earphones
Can I view a course before I buy?
Yes. If you would like to view a demo of the course, please contact us and we will arrange an access to a demo for you.
What if I am not happy with the course I have purchased?
If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, we will give you your money back – no hassle and no questions asked. Our refund policy is valid for 10 days from the date of your purchase and applies to all course purchases. To request a refund, simply contact us and we will process your refund within 24 hours.
What else do I need to know?
- This is an online course - classroom training is not included.
- You will only receive a qualification – from the relevant vendor - once you have passed the official international certification exam(s).
- For detailed information on specific exam requirements, prerequisites, costs and other information, please visit the respective certification vendor’s website (CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco etc.).
- International certification centres – Prometric, VUE, CertiPort and others - depending on the particular vendor and certification, administer the official exams.
- The cost of exams are not included in the course fees.
- This course does not include Live Labs. Live Labs are available as stand-alone programs and in our CertKit’s where courses and labs are combined as bundles.
Why get certified?
Get a Job
Certification holds significant benefits for organizations – increasing your chances to gain employment and securing a career towards success.
- Teams are trained to consistent skills levels.
- Certification provides a recognised benchmark of skills that can be aligned to organisational skills frameworks.
- Certificated people are typically more productive and work to consistent standards. A recent survey by Novell found that certification can reduce downtime, because staff members have the skills needed to cope with issues as they arise - and that certified people made more use of a product's advanced features and could deploy new products with greater ease.
- More reliable project completion: a Microsoft survey showed that when 60% of a team is Microsoft-certified, 80% of projects are delivered on time and within budget, compared to just 40% when only 25% of the team is certified.
- Gaining certifications can be aligned to performance-related pay.
- Certification ensures that knowledge has been retained.
- Greater customer satisfaction (internal and external customers).
- Lower staff turnover.
A professional certification sets a person apart as someone who is exceptional, who really knows his/her job. Gaining a professional certification is not easy - but then again, it is not meant to be. Sixty four per cent of IT recruiters rate certifications as having extremely high or high value in validating the skills and expertise of job candidates. (CompTIA, Employer Perceptions of IT Training and Certification, January 2011). Some of the benefits to individuals include:
- Certified people are more employable: according to an IDC white paper, "Sixty-three percent of hiring managers believe certified individuals are more productive than their non-certified counterparts."
- You could earn more: a survey of MCPs by IDC found that 43% got a pay rise after gaining their certification.
- Some certifications make you part of a professional network, for example, Microsoft Certified Professionals belong to a community that only they can access.
Professional certifications (whether IT or not) have been with us more than two decades - and, during that time, there has been considerable research undertaken to assess the benefits of certification.
Key findings from 'Measuring the pulse of the IT industry' - research undertaken by CompTIA:
- 56% of managers consider CompTIA certification to be an important factor when hiring people and 34% go as far as to require it.
- 53% of managers would offer a higher salary to a job candidate with CompTIA certification.
- 74% of managers say that CompTIA certification is an important factor in considering a person for promotion.
- 78% of managers believe that CompTIA certification is an important step in validating an employee's skills.
- 53% of managers feel that having CompTIA-certified employees makes the organisation more attractive to business partners and clients.
- A help desk with certified professionals can handle 11% more phone calls and 28% more field service calls, with a lower staff turnover rate (16% versus 24%).
- Fewer certified staff are required to manage a network, resulting in lower salary costs.
Key findings from 'Financial Benefits to Supporters of Microsoft Professional Certification', a report by market research company IDC:
- Companies with Microsoft Certified Professionals experienced shorter server downtimes and greater productivity in the help-desk function, which more than paid for the direct and indirect costs associated with certification.
- The cost of certification in an average organisation is recouped in about four months. Its supporting survey showed that Microsoft Certified Professionals are more productive than non-certified support staff.
Key findings from an IDC study, 'Benefits and Productivity Gains Realised through IT Certification':
- Certified professionals handled 40% more support calls per person, per day, than non-certified staff.
- Companies that advocated for certification reported 49% less downtime than companies that did not.
- For the majority of companies, the savings from increased effectiveness paid the costs of certification in fewer than 9 months.
Fri, 06/01/2018 - 15:22#4Sage 50 Certificate Course | iCollegeHola Hola Hola! Esto es un poco fuera de tema, pero necesito un poco de asesoramiento ayuda guía de un blog de establecida. Es difícil dura difíciles de configurar su propio blog? No soy muy techincal pero puedo entender las cosas bastante rápido rápida. Estoy pensando en crear haciendo mi propia pero no estoy seguro de dónde Inicio . ¿Tiene alguna las ideas o sugerencias? apreciarlo Take a look at my blog post; repelis 2017
Fri, 06/01/2018 - 15:22#5Sage 50 Certificate Course | iCollegeHola Hola Hola! Esto es un poco fuera de tema, pero necesito un poco de asesoramiento ayuda guía de un blog de establecida. Es difícil dura difíciles de configurar su propio blog? No soy muy techincal pero puedo entender las cosas bastante rápido rápida. Estoy pensando en crear haciendo mi propia pero no estoy seguro de dónde Inicio . ¿Tiene alguna las ideas o sugerencias? apreciarlo Feel free to visit my page ... repelis 2017